5 Tips To Make A Home Eco-Friendly
June 20, 2018
The ever-increasing global warming is gradually devouring the environment. Never before has the world felt such a dire need to take immediate actions and restore natural balance. The environmentalists alone cannot put our earth back on track. We too need to adopt the ‘go green’ mantra and contribute in every possible way. Here are a few things you can definitely do to make a home eco-friendly home and save the environment-
- Plant more: You don’t necessarily need huge courtyards to grow trees. Even small plants grown in the balcony help in reducing temperatures. Of course, you can take an initiative and plant more trees in your society premises too.
- Save electricity: Switch to environment-friendly options that consume relatively less energy. For example – if you are still using those tungsten bulbs, switch to LEDs. Remember to switch off the appliances that are not in use.
- Save water: Fix leakages if any and avoid wastage of water. Make arrangements for rain water harvesting in your society and try and promote it in your circle too.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Make minimum use of vehicles and help in reducing unnecessary pollution. Make sure your vehicles qualify on the permitted emission parameters
- Recycle e-waste: Make sure that unwanted things like chargers, headphones, wires, etc. are disposed in such a way that they can be recycled. Reduce the use of polythene bags as much as possible.
In addition, if you are looking to buy a home, you should look for a development that has adopted eco-friendly practices.
Navratna Residency, for example, offers luxurious apartments with green measures such as rain water harvesting and beautifully designed landscapes. Located on Avinashi Road, it is your obvious choice for an eco-friendly home.
To know more about the project, visit: http://www.sattvagroup.in/pages/projects/residential/navaratna/overview.html