Why You Should Read Reviews before Buying a Home
June 20, 2018
Buying a house is a significant milestone in life. It’s a great way of building long-term wealth. However, it is vital to know the property before taking the plunge.
You’ll always have the information from the developer’s site and online portals at hand, but how do you know how much of it is really true? One of the ways is by reading the reviews of the property on various online websites.
Usually, property reviews are published by those who had lived in a specific property or the neighbourhood. Reviews are also written by those who come for home inspection.
Reliable source of online reviews share information like……
- About the advantages and disadvantages of a particular locality or its environment which can be helpful in your decision-making process.
- The home’s accessibility to various parts of the city.
- How good the construction of the house is, how spacious the rooms are, what amenities are provided, etc.
- The ex-clients of the developer and those who have closely monitored the construction work.
- Information about the builder such as builder history, construction quality, etc. So, in case the builder tries to hide some aspect that you already know, you can bring it forward and enquire about it right away.
- You’ll also know if the price you’ll pay will be worth what you get, and if there are properties that offer better facilities and prices.
The description and photos of a property provided in real estate websites may look appealing to you. However, the reviews will give you a more honest picture.
In addition to reviews however, you must remember to conduct a site visit – while reviews give you great insight, you can’t base your entire decision on them!